About This Game
Ant Empire is a tactical strategy and management game set in a world where ant species battle to become the top empire. This deeply detailed and nostalgic turn-based simulation is a mix of many popular older games-- but with a much more modern feel. Select from 5 unique species that feature characteristics in the game based on how the species actually behaves naturally.
Undertake in a unique campaign as each species, or battle in free play with a variety of settings, maps, and objectives. Earn progress towards Steam achievements, unlock new species, or simply try new strategies to build your empire.
Colonies develop and become more powerful each day. Nests can grow to become military strongholds, economy powerhouses, research havens, defensive outposts, or even breeding grounds for new colonies-- and much more. Each colony has multiple ways to let them specialize. You can:
- Adjust the ratio of workers, soldiers, and princesses being produced.
- Dictate what the workers are doing, rather it be foraging, digging, or nursing.
- Select a colony focus that gives the colony a particular bonus.
- Choose the type of food the queen eats, giving different bonuses.
- Activate abilities such as "Set Food Trap", "Collapse Tunnels", "Add Queen", "Public Works", and "Sacrifice Princess".
- Go into defense mode, vastly increasing a colony's ability to defend attacks but reducing the economy's power.
- Build perks to gain bonuses for the colony.
- Use influence to claim nearby tiles, or remove the claim from tiles owned by enemy colonies.
- Attack enemy nests, or reinforce friendly nests.
- Select the type of nest during creation.
- More abilities and features are in the works and to be added.
Use your ants to attack other colonies, or reinforce friendly nests. Soldiers are much more powerful than workers, but do not perform tasks such as foraging for food, digging to grow the nest, and nursing to increase production. Princesses are used to create new nests around the map.
Research upgrades by gaining research points each day. Research points unlock new features, improve existing actions, increase limits, and increase stats. Perk points are improvements that benefit a particular colony. Perks are harder to come by than research points. Influence is used to claim nearby tiles for the colony, and remove the claims of enemy colonies.
There are a ton of additional features-- a daily log to summarize events, a beautiful graph that compares different stats for each species over time, stats that shows the details of all the ants for every species in a side-by-side window, a tutorial to cover all the basics of Ant Empire, random events, achievements, auto-saves, and much more.