The Godbeast free download
The Godbeast game pic 1
The Godbeast game pic 2
The Godbeast game pic 3
The Godbeast game pic 4
The Godbeast game pic 5
Welcome to the City of Eternal Night. Take revenge on the villainous Council of the Hunt and rampage on your motorcycle through the moonlit streets in this stylish action game.
release date: 17 May, 2019
developer: Jochen Mistiaen
publisher: Jochen Mistiaen
About This Game The Godbeast
blends atmospheric exploration and fast-paced melee combat in a stylish action/adventure. Set in a dark and timeless City, the banished Ysengrim returns from exile to take revenge for the murder of his father, the King.
The City's inhabitants have since been driven mad by the moonlight and worship the Council of the Hunt, cruel beings that keep the world trapped in an eternal nightmare. Their power is tied to the fate of the Godbeasts, divine animals that roam the streets.
Armed with an enchanted spear and riding his motorcycle, Ysengrim sets out to hunt down the giant Godbeasts and engage in fierce duels with the evil Lords that rule the City.
- Explore a mysterious and atmospheric City, with the ominous full moon in the night sky. Find action as well as rest in the dark shadows of the skyscrapers and the melancholic solitude of old forests.
- Combine melee combat, spear throws, last-second evades and climbing in fast-paced battles with the monsters and beasts roaming the City streets. Drive your motorcycle straight into the fray and jump on the back of your enemies to deliver the killing blow.
- Hunt and chase down the giant Godbeasts, mystical creatures that act as deities of the City. Weaken them with your spear, climb up their bodies and stab their weak points to drain their lifeblood away.
- Designed & created by Jochen Mistiaen
- Main title & key art by C. Bedford
- Music & additional sound design by Fractures
min system requirement: OS: Windows 7
Processor: Recent (2015+) CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Recent (2015+) GPU
Storage: 500 MB available space
recommanded system requirement:
The Godbeast free download
The Godbeast user review
The Godbeast is a fascinating game. It's like a Souls game except you're some badass vampire dude exploring this post apocalyptic city on your motorcycle hurling spears at the demonic beast creatures. The game is drenched in atmosphere and style: the strong visual appearance, the colours, the night, the eerie howl of the wind/rain and the ambient music. It's a joy to explore this strange abandoned city, and that's a good thing because you spend a lot of time just cruising around and getting lost.
I was a bit concerned at the start where I didn't really have a grasp of the map and how the main mechanics worked in practice, but once everything clicked and I understood the loop I had a great time biking around for a couple hours tracking the Godbeasts down. The game has a great atmosphere that more than makes up for the stiffer feeling combat.
If Hamlet was about a goth dude who hates shirts, it would probably be this game. For all of the sharp edges that this game has, it's a good time. Especially for a one-man project, I remain consistently impressed by the sheer scale of things. If you aren't looking for something that's as polished as say, Bloodborne, I think this is a great way to spend a few hours.
Just my quick first impressions.